Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jan 3: Fence

This afternoon we went for a walk with Owen and his new tricycle. We ended up going by a fence that I've wanted to take a picture of for some time. It's an older wood fence that looks really neat with the setting sun on it. I was disappointed with how the colors came out with my photos this time. I think the sun wasn't quite low enough in the sky to get really nice colors. I'll have to go back sometime and play with the settings on the camera (and try it with the polarizer which I didn't have on this lens). I'm reading a book on lighting right now that will hopefully help me on that.



50mm (89mm equiv), f1.8, 1/2000s, ISO 200

  • I took some from the side to get the light reflected on the nails, but they ended up with too much bokeh (out of focus) at f1.8.
  • I chose this because I like how the nails in the knots look like eyes looking to one side. It's fun to find things like that when you're looking at things closely. That's one reason why I like photography - it helps you look at things differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment