Monday, January 11, 2010

Jan 11: Lines and curves

First off, Keith noticed that sometimes I title my blog with "Day #", and sometimes with the date. I'm back to date now. Not that you even noticed.

Today Owen was feeling under the weather (maybe just teething, hopefully not something worse), so I had to take him home from school. I figured he would like a ride in the stroller (and a trip to the playground), so we went on a photo walk. I took mostly pictures of houses in our neighborhood or their yards. Lots of interesting things if you're looking for it. I had a hard time picking today's photo. At first I was going to go with one of the boring old flowers, but I figured I could take a picture of flowers almost any day.

121mm, 1/60s, f/4.0, ISO 320, aperture priority mode, matrix metering mode, no post-processing


  • This photo isn't too exciting color wise, but has lots of different lines, curves and textures.
    My photography teacher had us do an outing where we specifically looked for lines and curves. It's pretty neat what you can find. I posted the result of that class here.
  • It kind of felt weird taking pictures of other people's houses, I felt like I might be intruding. I was glad I had my long zoom.

1 comment: