Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 5: Running Shoes

After work today I went to the gym at my work to do some jogging. As I mentioned yesterday, I am recovering from ACL surgery (surgery was Aug 21). I am done with physical therapy, but still need to do exercises to strengthen my left leg. I started running a few weeks ago at PT, so I am continuing to increase my time on the treadmill (I did 15 minutes today). As I was running I was thinking about what to take my picture for today of. Here's what (surprisingly!) came to mind:

50mm (81mm equiv), 1/200s, f/2.2, ISO 400, matrix metering mode, aperture priority, no post-processing

  • Even though I am now only jogging on a treadmill, I thought the photo would be best made on the street. The neighbors probably thought I was crazy for laying on the street to take pictures of my shoes!!!
  • Taking pictures at an angle is supposed to evoke movement. I thought that would be a good feeling for running shoes. I think it worked pretty well.
  • I kind of like the horizontal pictures I took better than vertical, but there were other things I liked better about this photo.
  • It would've been nice if I had noticed the little piece of shoe lace under the left shoe and moved it out of the picture. I need to get better at noticing things like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment