Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9: Finn!

Keith made fun of me yesterday (no surprise there) for not including any pictures of "my favorite model", my son Owen, in my first week of pictures. So here is a picture of... adorable Finn (well, Owen's hand is in the picture). Finn is the 7 month old son of our good friends Megan and Bryan. I was babysitting today, so I tried getting a picture of the two of them together, but I liked this one best (you can see the others in the Runners Up album).



47mm (76mm equiv), 1/200s, f/2.8, ISO 400, matrix metering mode, aperture priority mode

  • The only thing I don't like in this photo is Owen's hand.
  • The only post-processing I did was to change the orientation. I actually took this standing behind Finn (to the right of the picture as it is) in landscape mode (so the right side of the picture was actually the bottom). That is how I got him to look up. I didn't plan on changing it, but I like this way much better.
  • During my class I took this fall we spent some time taking portraits. One thing that the teacher emphasized is that people need to have a catch light in their eye in order for the picture to look good. I've definitely noticed that in pictures since then, and I can see it in this picture as well.

What a cutie!!

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Great point of view, the focus is just right, and the subject is awesome! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors. I think that read hair is perfect for photography. There are so many ways in which the red hair is just enough color to enhance a photo. I'm sure you photograph him a lot.

    My children at a very early age developed a sixth sense of when I was getting ready to take a photo. Their hands would raise and block the shot almost every time. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. finn told me he had a blast with you two! thanks again for watching him :) and cute photo. owen seems like such a big kid next to finn!!! can't wait to see them play together this weekend!

    ReplyDelete