Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 24: Owen and Toolman

Nana and Toolman (our nickname for Keith's Dad so that there isn't two grandpas) came over for lunch today. We gave Owen to Toolman after lunch so that Owen would fall asleep for his nap (it works every time!!). Owen looked really cute wearing Toolman's hat, so I grabbed the camera and took some shots.



50mm, 1/100sec, f2.0, ISO 250, no post-processing

  • I chose this picture because I thought Owen's expression was unique. There's some other good ones in the Runner's Up album.
  • I took a few where I focused the shot on Toolman, hoping the Depth of Field would be enough to get Owen in focus as well, but at f/2.0, it wasn't enough. (There is more DOF behind the point of focus than in front of it.) But I knew that it was important to get the main star (Owen) in focus, so most of the pictures have the focus on Owen's face.
  • It might be better to crop this to get a closer look at Owen's expression, but I kind of like seeing all of Toolman and more background.

2 comments: