Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jan 14: Cookbooks

I waited until after Owen went to bed to take any pictures today, so I looked around our kitchen for something quick, yet interesting, to take a picture of. We have a shelf of cookbooks that I thought might be made to be more interesting in black and white.


200mm, 1/25s (with image stabilization), f4.0, ISO 1600

  • I'm intrigued by how some "normal" things can look more artistic when taken up close or put in black and white. I took some other pictures that included the whole books, but I didn't find them as interesting. I guess it's what's left out of the picture that makes it interesting in your mind's eye.
  • I haven't played much with B&W. I've seen a lot of pictures lately in Sepia, but I haven't found one of mine that I like with that tint (it's a tan color).

No comments:

Post a Comment