Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jan 2: Bubbles!

Owen really likes to go outside, and I don't mind obliging him, especially on a day like today (I think it was in the 70's). One of his favorite things to do is (to have us) blow bubbles. Keith took some good pictures of Owen a few days ago while we were blowing bubbles, so this time I focused on the bubbles themselves instead of Owen.


200mm (equiv 321mm), 1/200s, f4.0, ISO 200, no post-processing

  • I realized very quickly that auto focus was not going to work with bubbles. I'm not very good at manual focus, so this was good practice.
  • Even though the background is out of focus, it is still distracting.
  • The composition of this isn't the greatest, but I like having multiple bubbles in the same photo. I tried cropping so it just showed the bubble in focus, but then it looked like a huge bubble.
  • Did you notice the reflection in the bubble of the trees behind me? How cool is that!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment