Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jan 27: Magazines

I was lamenting to myself today about how I never take the time to read magazines much anymore. If I have extra time and Owen's awake I usually spend it with him. After he goes to bed I spend my extra time on the computer. Looking at the magazines on our rack, I thought they might look interesting in black and white.

50mm, f2.0, 1/125s, ISO 500, converted to black and white in Picasa
  • I was right about liking it better in black and white. I think it makes it less busy.
  • I'm curious what this would look like with everything in focus. Having one magazine completely in focus and the main thing you see might make it easier on the eyes, but that might not be the point of the picture.
  • I had to move around a bit to make sure I didn't get glare coming off of the magazines.
  • Now, to go read!! Probably the latest Rangefinder, which actually isn't pictured. (Keith gets The Atlantic; I included them because I thought the headlines were interesting. It may have actually been more interesting if it was all Atlantics.)

1 comment:

  1. It's good! I don't think it would be as good with blurred magazines in the background. It's just not that kind of a photo. But the black and white does help it look less busy.

    ReplyDelete