Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 6: Sunrise

I just happened to notice that there were some nice clouds in the eastern sky this morning before sun-up, so I figured there could be a nice sunrise. Owen wasn't awake yet, so I decided to take a few pictures. I ended up taking 50! (Yes, Dad, I know, I better be careful or I'll run out of film! :-) ). After much deliberation, here's the one I chose:

200mm (522mm equiv), 1/40s (with image stabilization), f/8.0, ISO 800, aperture priority mode, spot metering, cloudy white balance setting, circular polarizer, cropped but no further post-processing

  • Since I took so many pictures, it was hard to pick one out. I ended up picking my favorites, doing something else, and then coming back to choose the one. Most of my other pictures included a palm tree, which is why I think I chose one without it.
  • I also chose this one because because while the colors of the sunrise are nice, I needed a different focal point to make it interesting.
  • As I was debating on which pic to choose I had an idea: spend a whole week taking ONLY one picture every day. No second, third or fiftieth take. That will 1) force me to think more about the picture before hitting the shutter button, and 2) save me time. I'll have to try that sometime.
  • I have noticed the last few days how different the pictures look on different monitors. So I also tried looking at these on a different computer before I made my choice. The colors on my main computer seem so much brighter than others.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joanne! Really enjoying your photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete