Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4: Fake Flower

I was trying to figure out what to take pictures of while driving home from work today. I had Ultimate Frisbee practice tonight (not playing due to ACL recovery), so I knew I needed to work fast. I was planning on taking pictures of the Christmas decorations before I took them down, but felt uninspired doing that. Then I found a fake, faded purple flower in our yard. So I started putting it places and taking its picture. Here's my favorite:

50mm (81mm equiv), 1/1600s, f1.8, ISO 400, spot metering mode, cropped

  • I wasn't sure how this was going to come out, but I love this (cropped) composition and the blue colors (our pool).
  • My second choice of picture was this flower on a dead log which looked black and white. It's interesting how that contrasts with the lovely blue in this photo. I posted that pic in my Runner's Up file. There's also some good ones on a blue sponge, green lettuce, and red wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment