Monday, February 1, 2010

Jan 31: New Year Fest Day 2

I am posting this a day late because I had technical difficulties yesterday - Picasa wouldn't let me save changes to my photos because the hard drive was full. I can't imagine why it's so full - it's not like I've been taking a ton of pictures lately. Oh, wait. I guess I need to do more deleting of pictures that I don't end up using.


So Sunday was the second day of the tourney. I actually only was at the fields for the finals - Phoenix (our home team) vs. San Diego. The bad guys ended up winning, but it was a great game, and I am so proud of Sprawl:


116mm, 1/1250s, f/5.6, ISO 400, some cropping
  • I was up on the hill a good distance away when I saw they were taking team pictures. I didn't feel like moving, so I took it from where I was. I kind of like the different angle and not having everyone looking right at my camera (I cropped out the actual photographers).
  • I had already put away my camera, so I pulled it quickly out of my bag and started shooting (this was not the only pic I took). Apparently I kept it in sports mode. Not sure I needed the 1/1250sec, but everyone is in focus, which is key!
  • What are the chances that everyone was smiling at once??!! Must have been a happy group! Congrats, Sprawl!

No picture for Feb 1 - I was too busy uploading pics from this weekend on FB, and now am too tired. I can't believe I've made it through a whole month already!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joanne! Congrats on the first month. QUick request - can you post a link to your Picase page here (if that's not too private / inconvenient)? I like seeing the big versions, too.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, I want to thank you for your thoughtful comments on my blog, and for the book suggestion. I have ordered the book, and I can't wait to read it. I am a sailor indeed, and somehow life relates so symbolically to sailing (literally and metaphorically)! I've been through my share of storms, and always seem to make it through! I see that you are a new 365 photo project, and I wish you the best with it! Congrats on the first month of posts. It does get easier, and becomes like second nature. Your photos are wonderful and I'm looking forward to visiting your blog and seeing more of your work! -Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The longer your focal length the more shutter speed you want if you're shooting handheld (or with Monopod). I'm sure you knew that, but 1/1250 might not have been too fast.

    ReplyDelete