Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feb 2: Tomato

I wondered around the backyard after work before it got dark to take a picture. I was checking out the garden:

(I'm trying something a little different today: I think if you click on the image you can see a bigger version.)

192mm, 1/80s, f/5.0, ISO 640, no post-processing

  • I took this using both manual focus and manual mode. I took several of the same thing: regular exposure per the camera, under exposed and overexposed. This is underexposed, which to me looks much better than the regular exposure.
  • The leaves on the right are a bit distracting, but other than that, I like the picture.

3 comments:

  1. Nice shot. I'm surprised it looks that good underexposed. I always shoot in manual though, and do the same thing (shooting several versions so that at least one will come out looking good). Your link worked; it brought me to your picasa page for this photo, which displays it slightly larger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DoF! Also nice shot SOOC! You must be lucky to live in a warm climate where you have things growing outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yolanda: I'll be saying the same to you in July when it's 115 outside. :-)

    ReplyDelete