Saturday, February 13, 2010

Feb 13: Will U be Mine?

It's been a while since I've taken a bunch of photos of Owen, so today I pulled out the camera while Owen was being playful. He knows the camera well, so sometimes he just sits there posing for me:


From Runners Up

50mm, f1.8, 1/60s, ISO 200, no post-processing

  • I can't decide if this would have looked better if his entire face was in focus or if having only one eye in focus draws your attention better.
  • The focus is probably not the best, but I was working at close quarters (this is not cropped), so I thought this came out pretty good. Although I wish Owen's nose was a little cleaner! :-)

I'm including a bonus picture today because I want to document what Owen did next. He pulled me upstairs to his bedroom (it was getting close to his nap time), and then did something similar to what he did last night at bedtime. He wanted to get in his crib, and demanded that I give him pretty much everything in sight, which he just threw into his crib saying "my book" or "my fishie". It was pretty funny! I used it as an opportunity to make him tell me what he wanted, instead of just pointing. After his crib was pretty full I told him it was time to put everything away, so I took him out of the crib, and I put everything away. Then we read a book and he fell happily asleep for his nap.



From Runners Up

50mm, f/1.8, 1/125s, ISO 640, no post-processing

  • I stood up on a chair to try and get the effect of everything in the crib, but 50mm wasn't wide enough to get more in the picture.

I have posted other photos from today on Keith's picasa site.

No comments:

Post a Comment