Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feb 4: Cherry tomatoes

I took more pictures of the cilantro flowers, but thought they only came out slightly better than yesterdays, so I didn't think they were worth reposting. I saw the various colors of the cherry tomatoes, so I snapped a few shots of them before Owen and I ate all the red ones up.

From Runners Up

50mm, f2.8, 1/125s, ISO 640, cropped in Picasa

  • I'm not a big fan of the composition of this one. I like it better as a vertical, but I wanted to include some of the other tomatoes in the background to show more variety in color.
  • Used manual mode & focus again this time. I tried the spot metering mode, which did show me the variations between lighter and darker spots on the photo, so it did help me decide on the settings.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent shot! Your exposure looks perfect here. Manual focus is tricky without a tripod, but it looks like you pulled it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should be happy with your composition here - it's very effective with the DoF - it brings the eye in and down to (camera) left almost like being inside the vine! The tomatoes look delish!

    ReplyDelete