Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 12: Valentine's and the globe

I was very lazy yesterday. Thursday night is the one night we watch tv (The Office and 30 Rock), and all I felt like was sitting in front of the tv and relaxing. So two photos today.



From Runners Up



50mm, f/1.8, 1/60s, ISO 1000, no post-processing

  • Perhaps a couple of days early, but I was excited that Owen exchanged Valentine's cards at school, so I took a picture of the extras. I love celebrating the holidays, even (or maybe especially) in perhaps kiddish ways.
  • Not much to say photographic-wise. I like that the Grover card is out of focus, but still readable.



From Runners Up

50mm, f/1.8, 1/60s, ISO 1000, no post-processing

  • I took most of my globe picture horizontally, but I like how this one came out.
  • I put down the blinds on the window next to the globe to reduce the glare, but it's still pretty strong in this picture.

The globe reminded me today was the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, which I am watching right now. I love the Olympics!

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend a polarizer, but you would almost certainly need a tripod a that point to avoid too-high ISO.

    ReplyDelete