Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feb 3: Cilantro Flower

I decided to keep with the garden theme, and thought the cilantro flowers looked nice:



From Runners Up

(I'm trying something different again today; I'm embedding the image from the Picasa Website. Hopefully this will make it bigger in the blog.)
200mm, f/5.0, 1/160s, ISO 640, cropped and made darker in Picasa
  • I want to go back and try this shot again (maybe tomorrow). I did this completely manual again (mode and focus). I underexposed this from what the meter told me, and yet I still felt like I needed to darken it. I think it's the effect of having white flowers on a dark green background.
  • The focus is also off on this. Some of the leaves look good, but only some of the flowers look good. Although I can't really tell the difference between being out of focus and washed out. Tomorrow I'll try uber-underexposing this to see how it comes out.
  • I probably also had the wrong lens on the camera for this. Tomorrow I'll try the 50mm and get up close. I don't have a macro lens, so no matter what I use it probably won't look that great. But I'm doing this to learn lessons, so perfection is not the goal! Yet! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks cool. I like the colors. What you are calling "underexposing" sounds like it might be a case of the wrong metering method. If you're shooting at the white flowers in the center, switch to "spot." I would try a tripod though, it will help you keep things in the center better. Also, manual focus = win for this situation.

    Great job though!

    ReplyDelete