Sunday, February 21, 2010

Feb 20: Try on clothes weekend

Owen was in the mood to try on clothes this weekend. Today he went through all of the pajama tops and pants in his drawer and wanted to put them on, then off right away (something like 10-12 of each). Good thing I am a patient person. I looked at it as a learning experience for him, although I'm not sure I am looking forward to the day when he can take off his own clothes. :-)

I didn't get any pictures of that today, but yesterday I got some pics of him trying on Daddy's shirts.

From Runners Up

50mm, f/1.8, 1/100s, ISO 800, cropped a little
  • I deliberately angled the camera a little, which I think turned out good.
  • I changed the custom functions a few days ago to move the auto focus from the shutter button to a button on the back of the camera. That works well if you're taking repeated pictures of a non-moving subject, but no so well when the subject is moving toward or away from you (as was this case). I think in this case I caught him standing still for a second.

Just wanted to note that Owen doesn't actually use the "paci" very much, and not as a consolation. He occasionally finds it and sucks or chews on it as a toy. I'm ok with that since I know he's not hooked on it. It may become a problem when he sees his little brother or sister using it, but we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I like this one. The environment isn't tack sharp, but you can still tell what kind of stuff is in it. Perfect for a child portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea the statue of liberty was in Mesa, AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! It is the Statue of NYF! He just needs a sippy cup(or a rule book) in one hand and a flaming disc in the other.

    ReplyDelete