Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March 16: Remake of Rose in Sepia

So I'm kind of cheating today. Ok, I'm not just kind of cheating. I am cheating. I didn't take any photos today. Thought about it, but didn't feel inspired enough to get out the camera. But I was reading on the digital-photography-school.com about great black and white photos. So I thought I would go back to some of my old photos and see if any would look good in black and white. I started to sift through ones that I thought didn't look that great in color, but figured out that could take a while (I have a lot of not-so-great photos :-) ). So I checked out my recent Rose picture, which I really like because of the color. It was ok in black and white; I actually like it better in Sepia:

From Runners Up

  • Black and white (and sepia, as well) pictures need to have good contrast. This has pretty good contrast, except in the rose petals themselves. So I upped the shadows in Picasa on this one.
  • A lot of people commented on the reflection in the water in my original post. I think in this version it is a bit distracting.

When I started this project I wrote that I didn't plan on doing much post-processing. But here I am with two posts in a row where I did major changes in Picasa. Hmmmm...

1 comment: