Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15: Champagne

This is a bottle left over from our dinner party last night.

From Runners Up

50mm, f/2.2, 1/160s, ISO 200, no post-processing
  • I wanted to play with under and over-exposing a shot in front of a bright background, so I used manual mode with this.
  • This is the best shot I took in that it was somewhere in between being able to see the details on the bottle and not completely overexposing the background. I was disappointed with the result, and then I remembered that I noticed a superimpose option in the Collage feature in Picasa:


From Runners Up

  • Superimposing is something that I thought I had to have Photoshop to do, so I was super excited when I noticed this feature in Picasa. It is probably better in Photoshop, but Picasa is free afterall. :-)
  • Obviously this is something you need a tripod for, but you can see if the pictures were lined up how much better the result is than the first picture! I am definitely going to play with this more.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the exposure! Love the result - very nicely done with the object in front of the bright window. I have very little luck with these types of shots. I may have to look at Picasa!

    ReplyDelete